Friday, April 29, 2005

What if?

We always try to make consequences for the kids that will make them think twice. They aren't afraid of anything, though. What if Don Rumsfeld was working with us when we counsel problem students?

"Tony, let me introduce you to Mr. Rumsfeld."
"Tony."
"Hello?"
"Tony, I'm not going to discuss the past, because that's the past. I'm not going to discuss the future, because quite frankly I don't think you have one."
"Huh?"
"Son, have you heard of Pakistan?"
"She don't go here anymore. She live up in Olney."
"This Pakistan is more dangerous. No one can hear your screams in Pakistan."
Rumsfeld speaks softly into his lapel. Three large men in dark suits and dark glasses appear and grab the now agitated Tony.
"It's only going to hurt a whole lot, Tony." Evil Rumsfeldian laughter ensues.

Ah, a teacher can dream. Seriously, my kids were pretty good even on a Friday. I'm still holding my breath. Mondays are always insane.

No comments: