Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm so happy it's over

I want to throw the goddamn desk out the window, that’s how mad I am right now. All day long I’ve been fighting the same battles with these kids. They are driving me bats. They just left the room for the day. I'm trying to parse what just happened. What kind of sadistic bastard invented the self-contained classroom? All day with these kids. All day long it’s “He touched my pencil.” “She’s looking at me.” “My paper is gone.” “I don’t want to do it.” “You can’t make me.” That’s when they aren’t punching each other, sticking each other with pencils, hitting each other with rulers, throwing paper, throwing books, spitting, swearing at everyone, yelling, jumping off the desks, or tearing the posters from the walls. It’s a whirlpool of nuttiness today. Kids all over the place. Never in their seats. Never doing what they should be doing.

Respect. They respect nothing. They sure as Hell don't respect me. I will just keep trying to make a difference. That’s all I can do. I want to help. These kids take a dump all over me every chance they get.

No comments: