Monday, April 18, 2005

So tired, I haven't slept a wink...

I am so tired. I didn't get to bed until 2 am this morning. Friggin' grad class has me burning the candle at both ends. Soon my masters will be in the bag and that fateful day will be a fantastic day. The clouds will part and a giant hand will bestow the coveted master of science in instruction. The air will be filled with the triumphant sound of "#1 Tonight" by Bad Wizard. My Mom loves that song. It will be awesome.

Check it out, my students were horrible today. Really awful. I mean if there was an award for horrible behavior my students would have received it with oak leaf clusters. Ugh. The warmer it gets the worse their behavior becomes. They never stop talking. They don't listen to me or to any other teacher. They could care less if the principal is yelling at them. Nothing matters to them. What should I do?

I wish I had some answers to that question. No one has any answers for that one. Other teachers say stuff like "more activities" or "be consistent." Be consistent. Come on, what do you take me for? The longer I'm in this job the more I realize that no one has answers. A new teacher like me needs a lot of help. I don't get much.

I wish that there was more time to watch veteran teachers in action. Watching veteran teachers would help me more than anything but my principal doesn't allow us time for this. It's a shame.

No comments: