Thursday, April 28, 2005

Inexplicable

I used my educator discount and bought an iPod mini. Finally, being a teacher is really paying off. I love educator discounts. I've been coveting an iPod for some time so the extra money off is extra sweet. I'll be rocking out to the Stooges on the way to work instead of commercials.

The kids have been good for three days straight. It's inexplicable. I'm not asking any questions and I'll surf this good wave as long as it lasts. I was able to teach a lot of different things today, move the kids around the school, and walk out with a smile on my face. I felt like the teacher for a change. What's happening here? Have they turned a corner? I sure hope they have for their sake. We learn things when they aren't trying to kill each other or destroy the school. I would rather crack jokes than send students to detention. I didn't get into teaching to become an ogre.

I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow and beyond. Got to get back to entering grades and listening to the New York Dolls. "Pills" is a most amazing track.

No comments: