Thursday, April 14, 2005

Holy Cow!

Some of my students are mental. This morning a student got in my face because it was lunch time. He's shouting at me because he wants to go to lunch. He's inches from my face yelling at the top of his lungs because he wants to go to lunch. Guess where we were going? To lunch.

I'm working on a writing project with my kids. We are doing research essays. The students pick topics of interest, get source materials, and write 5 paragraphs on the topic. Holy Cow. You'd think I asked them to make the Saturn 5 rocket. Some projects just become too much. I try to make it easy for them all to hit a home run on this and still it's impossible. It's so physically and emotionally draining to create interesting lessons for the children to destroy. I could pay them to write these essays or to give a damn and it wouldn't matter. They still wouldn't do any of it.

What does matter?

No comments: