Friday, April 08, 2005

Good times!

Today was a pretty good day. It usually goes like this. Things get better and better and by the end of the week the kids are just starting to get on track and then the weekend happens. Monday morning will be a brand new week for them. Everything will be new and they will have forgotten everything.

Even though we lost our recess because of rain and lost our prep because of PSSA testing, I really had fun. I do love my students but rarely have time to enjoy them. Usually they are beating the Hell out of each other or something equally stupid. Today they were like 4th graders and I enjoyed being with them. They ask me interesting questions. I was able to joke with them and be myself.

I enjoy making up goofy sentences for our spelling tests, giving out prizes for good behavior, and helping the kids with their long division. Days like this make me happy to be alive and happy to be a teacher whether they listen for long or not.

I bought a whole bunch of comix and hit the gym on the way home. Payday and the weekend!

No comments: