Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My Particular Shade of Hell

My school is a nuthouse but I need to keep things in perspective. Some schools are worse. Our kids are awful but there are worse kids in the district. My principal could be better but could be worse, too. I'm copping out. It should not be like this. I shouldn't have to rationalize the particular shade of hell that colors my school.... I've had it with these kids today. The heat was on in the classroom and the outside temperature was 85. The kids didn't stop talking and screwing around, so I didn't open the door. No crossventilation is possible with the door closed, so I roast with the kids.

What is the deal with cell phones in the classroom? I bring one to school for a lot of reasons, mostly because I don't want to be stranded without a tow if my ancient car breaks down. I never use it in front of the kids. I never take calls during class. I turn it off and leave the thing in my pocket. My teacher coach wears a cell phone headset in the classroom while she's observing my teaching. She takes calls in the classroom during my teaching! She makes lunch plans with friends, schedules doctor and hair appointments, and talks with friends during my teaching! Then she has the nerve to tell me things that are wrong with my teaching. Does she have any idea how rude it is to answer the phone and have a conversation during my teaching? Of course her ringtone is the longest available. What the f#$%?? This woman is supposed to be offering her expertise? She's talking on the damn phone and disrupting my class. I wish I could throw this woman out of my classroom. I'd sure as Hell throw a disruptive student out. When are these useless people going to leave me alone? There's always someone poking around asking questions, writing things in a notebook, walking through my classroom. Keep out! Keep away! Leave me alone! Get your own damn classroom and lighten the load for teachers that actually teach. Please keep away from me and leave your cell phone at home.

I need to start running on a regular basis again. I have been so busy and tired lately that I haven't been on the road much. My right knee has felt weird for the last few days, too. Why? Hopefully, I can start again tomorrow morning; running helps get the frustrations out.

No comments: