Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yes! Good times are coming.

It was really a tough day at school. The kids weren't very happy to be back and neither was I. Here's some advice to the students reading my blog. If you don't want to be at school keep your head down and keep a low profile. Getting in my face and calling me a mother%$*#ing racist is not a good way to go because I'm going to have you suspended. Just some advice.

The end of the year can't come fast enough for me or my wonderful scholars. Soon we'll all be relaxing on my deck with Cubans and snifters of brandy. Reflecting on the good times. Reflecting on the anger management yo yo team that came to school today with their message of "positivity" in the face of crack, AIDS, neglect, and grinding poverty. "Be positive people and spread positivity everywhere! You can do it! Now watch me walk the dog!" You can't eat a yo yo for a balanced breakfast and a yo yo sure doesn't listen to you gripe about your day or draw you a warm bath. Sorry to be so unpositive.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

You said that YOUR students read this blog or that some student, who are not yours, MAY read this blog?? Just curious...

The Teacher said...

Hi Mimi,

This is just a facitious comment to the random student that might come across my blog. I'm reasonably sure none of my students (or colleagues)read my blog. I wouldn't want them to or acknowledge it if they somehow figured it out. I keep things on the down low. I need to vent and need to stay employed, too.