Wednesday, October 10, 2007

200 miles to Yuma

I haven't been feeling so good this week. Feeling a bit more like myself tonight. It's hard to be a teacher. I'm running on fumes lately and so is everyone else at my school. It's only October and we could all use a vacation. Try doing a performance without break every day for months on end. The curtain never goes down. There are no do overs. The set will break. People miss their cues. Emotions become frayed. Voices get lost. The audience falls asleep and then reawakens and cries like a baby in a soiled diaper...and keeps crying. You try to turn off the baby but the volume knob breaks off in your hand and you just turned it to 11 by mistake. The toilet is overflowing and water is dripping through the ceiling from upstairs. Toast is burning in the toaster. There's no way out. That's sort of what's happening now on October 10.

It will get better. Next month there's about a hundred days off!

This is my 200th post. A new milestone for the rookie schoolteacher. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Darx said...

Happy 200th post! The 200th is a real milestone. You rule! This post is a great one, too. Vintage Chris. Reminiscient of the "postage stamp sized town in Mexico" line -- remember going to the Last Drop to write? The good old days...

The Teacher said...

Thanks Darcy! I'm happy someone is reading and enjoying my blog. 200 posts is pretty cool. I'm hard at work on 201.