Thursday, June 02, 2005

Unabated Frustration

One of my boys told me he was going to kill my family. Nice. I threw his butt out of class and 20 minutes later he's back. "I'm sorry, Mr."

Another boy sticks his tongue out and waggles it all day long.

Another talks about farting and makes noises.

Another describes how "easy" Josephine is.

Another breaks his pens and smears ink all over his face, hands, neck, chest, desk, and chair.

I swear one ate most of a plastic pencil sharpener.

Do they have to keep coming? The grades are in. They all passed. Can they just go away? They can be belligerent out in the street. They can be destructive out in the street. They can do whatever they want out there.

Oh great and powerful School District of Philadelphia, I implore you. Please end the charade now. Just lock the doors and send them home. Summer is here.

It's so frustrating. The same kids do the exact same things they came in doing. The same kids begin or end every social interaction with a foul remark and a headslap. The same kids destroy everything they come in contact with. The same kids insult everyone. The same kids do the same everything. They don't learn and they don't care. How can anyone be so self-destructive? How can anyone so young be so messed up?

Down is up, up is down. The school is a nuthouse.

I'll be there next year. Got my grade assignment. Moving to a different one. Not sure if that's good or bad. There are no easy grades in my school. A kindergartener would smoke you. Doesn't matter.

No comments: