Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Bush League

"One reason I like to highlight reading is, reading is the beginnings of the ability to be a good student. And if you can't read, it's going to be hard to realize dreams; it's going to be hard to go to college. So when your teachers say, read - you ought to listen to her." George W. Bush, Nalle Elementary School, Washington, D.C., February 9, 2001.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself my superduper President.

I'm writing from the dumbass evaluation section of Rookie Schoolteacher Central. I figured I couldn't miss with a quote from one of the true dumbasses of our time. Let's get to my beef. I have a problem student, she won't come into my room anymore. She roams the halls. When she is in the room she starts fights. Today she's delivered by the school police officer. Barely a minute passes before she's out of the room again. This is 8:45 a.m. The girl roams the halls all day long. Nothing is done although I call security. After lunch I get a call on the classroom phone. It's our dean of discipline.
"Tell me the problem with this student."
"She refuses to come into the room."
"Hang on, you're on speakerphone. I've got Montel from your room here with me. Tell me what happened."
(Steam is coming out of my ears at this point. I'm on the goddamn speaker phone? At least a dozen poorly behaved students are in the discipline room along with her. The worst behaved student is going to corroborate my testimony?)
"She came in with the school police officer. She left the room immediately. She wasn't even here a minute."
"Wait... Hmm... OK... Montel says she came in and then left the room."
"That's what I just said."
"Mmm... Wait... Montel says she was there with the school police officer."
"That's what I said."
(She's calling balls and strikes with me with the worst kid in my class!)
"Hmm. Well, she needs to stay in your room."
"How am I supposed to do that? She won't sit in a seat and she leaves immediately."
Click.

So that's the end of that one but let's recap. This woman puts me on speaker phone and second guesses me with the worst student in my class. I think I have a right to be pissed. I'm sick of this bush league s*&%. I've had enough. WHAT HAS THIS WOMAN DONE FOR ME? WHAT DOES SHE DO? NOTHING! NOTHING BUT CONSISTENTLY MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT IN FRONT OF MY KIDS!

No comments: