Friday, May 06, 2005

Sweet Jesus, we've entered May!

It's Mother's Day and we made cards before we left. Here's a sample:

Dear Mom I love you so much. You are the prettyiest Mom in the whole world. You are so pretty. When a man sees you he will want to go out with you.

Not bad on the structure. Some spelling help needed but not too bad. Perhaps they are learning? I'm counting legible English as learning.

We didn't have any fistfights today although three of my kids were suspended for misbehavior. They make such dumbass decisions. A child will go from zero to breaking your face in a millisecond and it's always over nothing. "She looked at me!" is the most popular reason for mayhem today. "She looked at me!" got a lot of people suspended.

I'm so happy this week is done. I'm beyond tired. My plans are to go home and soak myself in the tub and read a good book. After the soak it's time for some food with the wife. What will it be? Mexican? Chinese? Thai? Vietnamese? A delicious Pho would open my allergy-blocked sinuses as would a hot-mustard-dipped egg roll.

1 comment:

Nurton said...

Oh, you have just reminded me of a classic moment in my brief teaching career. I spent 6 months teaching Maths to 10-14 year olds in Botswana. I often got bored of this and would do "other" types of lesson instead, like art. On Mothers Day, as I forgot to send my mum a card (I would have had to send it 3 weeks in advance for it to have got home in time) I set the class to make mothers day card, but addressed to Mrs Burton (my Mum!). They thought it was great fun. While they were doing this I made a huge banner that read "We apologise for the incompetence of the Southern African Postal system, as it appears to have lost your original Mothers day card from your son, Noel. Hopefully these 30 cards go some way to making up for the lose", then got them to all stand around the sign, took a photo and posted it alone with the 30 cards to my Mum, express mail the next day. She was over the moon!