Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Headaches, mutiny, the usual.


A lot has been happening at school. Most of it is pretty annoying. My administration is piling on the end of the year work. I have so many forms to fill out and things to find before they'll let me turn in my key for the summer. I'll get it done. My students are pretty annoying too. It's sad that I'm wishing for last year's class and the year with my current bunch is almost over. Some years are like this, it's sad to say, and it comes down to the luck of the draw. This current class just never has it together. They're mean and ill mannered as well. It's rough going now in June. They can't be quiet for very long. They bring so much crap to school that they aren't supposed to have. They don't wear their uniforms properly. As a teacher at this point I just want to put the days in the book and get it done. I'm overlooking a lot so this can happen. That being said, there's no way I can overlook the kid attempting to do her nails in the second seat. I can't, honey, I just can't. I know, you're pissed, but you can't do your nails here. No matter how many times you scream at me you can't do it. I'm not going to let you when you call me a motherfu%$er either. Nope. Won't do it. You think I'm making this up. Wish I was.


Some of it is funny. The other day we were writing a journal entry. A hand goes up. "Mr? Is douchebag a curse word?" "Why yes it is." It was all I could do not to bust out laughing.


Some of it is not. Our gym teacher had the kids outside today. They came back early because they were throwing rocks at him. As they entered the classroom they were very happy. "We had a riot, Mr." Huh?


I just want to get through this. I'm hoping next year's class will be better.

2 comments:

Darx said...

Good gravy! I can just hear your voice saying "Yes it is" re: the cuss word for the journaling exercise. Hang in there, my friend! Soon you will be chilling with your family and enjoying summer. I hope that time comes soon.

Anonymous said...

You giving right view over this. Sometimes it happens.


RITA PIT

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step