Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cold Gin

I'm drinking a gin and tonic as I write to you. Springtime is here and a gin and tonic seems right. A tonic after my day in front of a blackboard. The kids were ok for the morning and then the wheels came off after lunch. The usual. Good stuff did happen today. My good kids were great. One of my girls has made a wonderful transition from behavior problem and apathetic student to A's and B's. I am making a difference. She was hell on wheels when I got her and now she's a super kid. I never gave up on her and it paid off. I know I'll never reach them all but if I get one or two then it makes up for everything else.

I've got to nail down my crazy kids. They are getting crazier by the day. I've got to get the kids through to June 21. Some conferences and tears are going to have to be shed. A few are not going to pass. I won't allow it. Things are going to get ugly.

No comments: