Monday, January 30, 2006

Schoolteacherstyle!

I try to unwind with music after my stressful days of teaching. Some good stuff on my playlist right now is The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control, Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers - LAMF, and Sleater-Kinney - Call the Doctor. I found the Dinosaur Jr. in the used bin at my local record shop. What a find! Why the hell didn't I buy this great record when it came out in 1987? I should have been playing the hell out of it in my car and on my radio show. I was pretty broke as a college sophomore, then, that might explain it. I'm making up for lost time now. Do yourself a favor and buy all the aforementioned records and turn it up to 11 rookie schoolteacherstyle!

3 comments:

John Reames said...

Dreams are made to be crushed. Your dreams have been crushed. Now wake up and put your education and skills to better use. Until we get back to values in schools and kick the ACLU out, our kids will always be kids. They will never grow up. Get out while you can. The next student may be the one with the gun!

John Reames said...

I forgot to mention that I enjoyed your blog site. Neat outlet for the things that tend to stick in the throat. You might check my site: http://johnreames.blogspot.com/

Enjoy

The Teacher said...

I'm not sure what the ACLU has to do with this. I chalk my situation up to bad parenting, bad role models, and a lack of respect for education and authority figures of any kind. Our society is to blame too. We as a country allowed our inner-city neighborhoods to become warzones. We reap what we sow.